Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

*The power of prayer and fasting*

Our ward here in Washington is doing a 40 day fast, which basically every member chooses one day to fast. So I signed up for today, which I wasn't sure what I was doing it for until the missionaries called the night before. They asked me to fast for their appointment they had with an investigator, that she might be open minded to the teachings of the Gospel and just for everything to go well in general. They also asked me to fast that they might find more investigators to teach. I of course gladly accepted and did my fast starting and closing with a prayer.

I thought about what I was fasting for all day and really kept the prayer I started with in my heart that the missionaries might be successful in their meeting with the investigator but also they would be successful out in the field today. I also kept my brother in-law Logan in my mind and heart today as he is out serving the Lord in Buenos Aires, Argentina on his mission. What a hard but rewarding job it must be to serve the Lord every day for two years. I really came to have a deeper love and respect than ever for all they do for the Lord and His Church.

Anyways, the missionaries called me tonight to let me know the meeting went very well, but not only that they also found 4 more investigators that have committed to prayer and reading The Book of Mormon. My heart could not be fuller, and my testimony more strengthened by there good news, it brought tears to my eyes. It just goes to show how powerful fasting and prayer is, and how essential it is in the Lord's work. I'm going to bed a happy girl tonight :)

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

what a wonderful testimony. thank you for sharing!!

*For time and all eternity*

*For time and all eternity*

Suns Game

Thinking of a game plan

A kiss for good luck at the game!

*Honeymoon*

Josh and I went on a wonderful honeymoon to Cancun, Mexico for 8 day 7 nights in an all inclusive resort. We had a blast from relaxing on the beach, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, all the way to taking a tour to the Chichen-itza Pyramids (that was Josh's favorite). All and all it was a very fun and romantic honeymoon and we owe it all to my new in-laws for making it possible!

Honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico

Honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico
Us in front of the beautiful ocean

Swimming with the Dolphins

The dolphin giving me a smooch!


Eating dinner at the HardRock Cafe

Snorkeling!

Yummy Pina Coladas