Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

*Jaden's first and hopefully last hospital visit*

Last Saturday being the 8th of January Jaden started throwing up, and continued to do so after he drank or ate anything. So on Tuesday I made an appointment to see the doctor for that day. We went in and I told the doctor what was going on.

Now a little history behind this is that Jaden has always been a spit up baby and I thought it was a result of acid reflux, however he had never been tested just put on the medicine for it when he was around 6 months. I took him off of it after a few months because it seemed to be getting better. So when all this started happening again (10x worse) I thought the acid reflux was coming back with a vengeance, and that it also might be the reason he rejects solid foods so much.

So the doctor was very concerned w/ all of what I was telling him and decided that Jaden should be admitted into the hospital for testing. So I'm thinking OK he will go to the hospital and get some tests done and go home. Yeah I was definitely wrong! We ended up being there overnight because the doctors wanted to keep him for observation and when your inpatient you also get priority testing done, otherwise if we would of left they apparently couldn't do the tests till weeks later. So we spent what seemed to be the longest day, night, and another day at the hospital. Poor Jaden was poked at, x-rayed, held down, and barley slept at all because of the trauma of it all.

In a nut shell all the tests came back normal and he has minor acid reflux. So yeah I feel like we went a little overboard with the hospital thing but I guess you can never be too cautious when it comes to your baby. He does however still have this horrible cough that seems like it has come off and on for a long time now. So we will be back to the doctor soon for his 15 month checkup and also to see if we can get rid of his nasty cough. On top of all this going on my poor husband got sick and still remains sick, so needless to say it hasn't been the best start to a new year.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of Jaden in his little hospital gown...such a cute little patient!



5 comments:

Lesli said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm glad he is ok. Holy Cow Christy you seemed to handle that very well!! You are such a good mom! Just reading your blog posts I learn so much from! You should start a Mommy tip blog! I would read it every day!

Unknown said...

I am so glad he is ok. Sick babies are the worst, especially when there is not much you can do to help. He is such a cute little guy.

Kayleen said...

sad. I hate those adorable little hospital outfits (even though he is so cute in it). There is something about them that is just too sad. Glad he's okay, but what a bummer having to spend so much time in the hospital to find that out!

The Dennett's said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through this! You did good taking him to the hospital :) It's never easy watching our children go through any kind of pain whatsoever, and a hospital setting definitely magnifies that. I'm glad it was nothing more serious and I'm sure this phase will pass eventually. He is still the cutest little boy ever!!

The London Mum said...

Aww poor baby. I'm glad he is doing better now with the soy milk! Can't wait to see my little southern gentleman in a few days!! :)

*For time and all eternity*

*For time and all eternity*

Suns Game

Thinking of a game plan

A kiss for good luck at the game!

*Honeymoon*

Josh and I went on a wonderful honeymoon to Cancun, Mexico for 8 day 7 nights in an all inclusive resort. We had a blast from relaxing on the beach, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, all the way to taking a tour to the Chichen-itza Pyramids (that was Josh's favorite). All and all it was a very fun and romantic honeymoon and we owe it all to my new in-laws for making it possible!

Honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico

Honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico
Us in front of the beautiful ocean

Swimming with the Dolphins

The dolphin giving me a smooch!


Eating dinner at the HardRock Cafe

Snorkeling!

Yummy Pina Coladas