Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

*Super Baby Porridge*

I received this book from my mother in-law for Christmas, because she was trying to help me with Jaden's eating problem. Well he has now become a good eater but still this book has been supper useful with wonderful ideas for awesome and healthy baby/toddler food.

The best recipe in the book is called Super Porridge from brown rice. It's a super simple recipe, and I would have to say from trying it myself and the fact that Jaden LOVED it that it's a winner!! You can also make super porridge from other oats, grains, and oatmeal's, however, I like the brown rice one the best because to me it's the most simple. I highly recommend this book to all mommies with babies, toddlers and even older kids. I myself might start eating it as well since it's very healthy and good for you.

Here is the recipe for the brown rice porridge:
- Measure 1 cup of water and put on the stove to boil.

- While the water is boiling pour in a blender 1/4 cup of brown rice and blend for 2 minutes. It's very important that you blend for the whole two minutes to really get the rice to almost be a powder. If your baby is older you can only do it for 20-30 second for a chunkier texture (but I think it's better the other way).

- Once the water starts to boil turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Sprinkle the ground rice into the water while stirring briskly with a wire whisk.

- Cover the pot and let sit over low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.

-You can store the porridge in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 2-3 weeks (although it changes the texture when you freeze it).

To make it taste yummy I add a tiny bit of butter, sugar, and whole milk. You can also add any kind of fruit or veggie to it as well grounded up.

1 comment:

Jill said...

eating battle are the worse. Gracie wanted to nurse all the time before I weaned her and it exhausted me. and now Katie is my picky eater. The food issues drive me up the wall...I will have to check this book out. IT sounds right up my alley. All gracie would eat after I weaned her was brown rice and then she fell in love with beef stew. go figure.

*For time and all eternity*

*For time and all eternity*

Suns Game

Thinking of a game plan

A kiss for good luck at the game!

*Honeymoon*

Josh and I went on a wonderful honeymoon to Cancun, Mexico for 8 day 7 nights in an all inclusive resort. We had a blast from relaxing on the beach, swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, all the way to taking a tour to the Chichen-itza Pyramids (that was Josh's favorite). All and all it was a very fun and romantic honeymoon and we owe it all to my new in-laws for making it possible!

Honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico

Honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico
Us in front of the beautiful ocean

Swimming with the Dolphins

The dolphin giving me a smooch!


Eating dinner at the HardRock Cafe

Snorkeling!

Yummy Pina Coladas